One of the best mattresses. One of the best warranties.
At Tempur Sealy, your comfort is as important to us as your guests’ comfort is to you. That’s why we offer one of the industry’s strongest warranties.
Length of limited warranty
Your limited warranty protects you from the day you purchase your sleep set and continues according to the Warranty Schedule shown below. In the event that we repair or replace your sleep set, this warranty continues your protection from the original date of purchase.
It’s easy to determine the length of your warranty and its terms. Simply match the Warranty Code from your mattress law tag label with the same code on the Warranty Schedule.
Limited warranty coverage
This warranty covers the following items during normal wear:
- Torn handles, stitches pulled out of the handle where it’s sewn to the mattress, or tears in the mattress fabric where the handles are attached. (Only if it is determined that handles were not used for moving or carrying the mattress.)
- Coils or wires that are loose or broken.
- Coils or wires that protrude or rip through the fabric.
- Body indentations of 1½" or greater.
- Sagging: Your mattress must be continuously supported by a matching foundation, or equivalent, with an appropriate frame. The frame has to include a rigid center support with at least five legs. A rigid center support is equal to a support that extends from the frame to the ground.
- Splits in the wood frame, except those caused by abuse.
- Squeaks, rattles or other noises.
- Bent, loose or defective beam and / or center support rail.
- Loose or broken module wire.
- Compression of modules.
- Un-stapling of modules.
- Sagging: A proper bed frame must continuously support the foundation. For full, full XL, queen and king sets, a rigid center support with at least five legs is necessary.
What’s not covered?
Items and damages not specifically listed in the Warranty Coverage section are not covered.
- Mattress fabric
- Border wires, which run along the perimeter of the mattress and foundation, if it was determined that the border wire was bent after delivery by Tempur Sealy.
- Structural damage from using an improper bed frame. This warranty applies to full, full XL, queen and king size mattresses or foundations ONLY if they are used on an appropriate frame with a rigid center support having five legs.
- Used bedding, or bedding sold “as is,” and floor models.
- Bed height.
- Comfort preference.
- Body indentations of less than 1½".
- Mattress damage due to an inappropriate foundation. A mattress is designed for full performance when used in conjunction with a foundation as part of a total sleep set.
- Replacement of another piece in the sleep set, unless that piece is defective, too.
- Mattress or foundation due to abuse.
- Transportation costs.
- Sheet fit.
- Torn handles, stitches pulled out of the handle where sewn to the mattress, or tears in the mattress fabric where the handles are attached, if it is determined that handles were used for moving or carrying the mattress.
Definitions of defect and non-defect
- Indentations 1½" or greater
- Indentations ¾" or greater on memory foam
- Tape blow-out
- Helical spin-out
- Smell that will not dissipate
- Poor craftsmanship
- Comfort preference
- Bed height
- Spills, burns
- Bent or broken border wire
- Damage due to abuse or misuse
- Damage due to use with inappropriate foundation
- Damage due to use with inappropriate frame
- “As-is” bedding
- Floor models
- Unreasonably unsanitary conditions
- Tape edging (usually pulled)
- Bending an innerspring mattress more than 20 degrees
If a warranty problem occurs
If a defect occurs during the warranty period (which is described in the Warranty Schedule above), Sealy will repair or replace (at our option) the defective mattress and / or foundation within a reasonable period of time.
In order for this limited warranty to be valid, your property must:
- Be the original purchaser.
- Provide a copy of the original receipt, or other proof of date, place of purchase and purchase price.
- Provide the law label from the defective product.
If identical materials are not available at the time of product service, Sealy reserves the right to substitute material of equal or higher value, or, at our option, provide a refund. You’ll be responsible for transportation costs of the product to and from the store or factory, as applicable.
Your warranty does not cover products found to be in an unsanitary condition, or when the product failure is due to causes other than defective workmanship or materials. Please refer to the “Do’s & Don’ts of Bedding Care” section of this page for proper sleep set care.
Do’s and Don’ts of Bedding Care
- Do give your new sleep set time to air upon removal from its plastic packaging.
- Do dispose of all plastic packaging as soon as possible.
- Do carry your mattress flat on its side. It’s easier to handle and you’ll be less likely to damage the mattress.
- Do keep your bedding clean. We suggest using a mattress pad, especially if children use the bed.
- Do replace the old foundation when purchasing a new mattress. An old foundation may not provide sufficient support. It may appear that your new mattress is sagging when the problem lies in the foundation, which is meant to support the entire mattress.
- Do use an appropriate frame and center support for queen- and king-size sets.
- Using the right support frame will ensure that your warranty remains in effect.
- Do keep your receipt in a safe place.
- DON’T PLACE YOUR MATTRESS NEAR OPEN FLAME OR EXPOSE TO FIRE. THIS MATTRESS IS NOT FLAME- OR FIREPROOF, AND CAN IGNITE AND / OR BURN IF EXPOSED TO OPEN FLAME OR FIRE. WHEN IGNITED, SOME BEDDING MATERIAL CAN BURN RAPIDLY AND EMIT SMOKE AND HAZARDOUS GASES.
- Don’t smoke in bed. This mattress is manufactured as required by federal law to resist, but not necessarily eliminate, ignition by smoldering cigarettes.
- Don’t let anyone stand or jump on your mattress. It was not built for that kind of weight concentration or abuse.
- Don’t allow your mattress to get wet, because some of the upholstery materials may compress. Protect it from water or other liquids.
- Don’t place a board between your mattress and box spring. Your sleep set is designed specifically to provide you with proper support, and the foundation plays an important role.
- Don’t bend your mattress more than 20 degrees. Such treatment may damage the innerspring unit. Flex, rather than bend, the mattress when going through doorways.
- Don’t remove the law tag label at the end of your mattress. This serves as a means of identification to establish your warranty rights.
- Don’t use dry-cleaning fluid of any type on your mattress. These chemicals will damage some of the construction materials.