About Tempur Sealy
Tempur Sealy International, Inc. (NYSE:TPX) is the world’s largest bedding provider. Headquartered in Lexington, Kentucky, Tempur Sealy develops, manufactures and markets mattresses, foundations, pillows and other products — including an all-new line of hospitality mattresses.
Tempur Sealy’s brand portfolio includes many of the most highly recognized brands in the industry, including Tempur®, Tempur-Pedic®, Sealy®, Sealy Posturepedic®, Optimum™ and Stearns & Foster®.
Our story dates back to 1846, with the founding of Stearns & Foster. Here are just some of our significant milestones:
- 1881 — Sealy invents the cotton-filled mattress
- 1931 — Stearns & Foster invents insulated springs
- 1950 — Sealy introduces the first mattress designed for back support
- 1992 — Tempur-Pedic launches products with TEMPUR® material
- 2013 — Sealy introduces first innerspring–gel foam hybrid mattress
- 2013 — Tempur-Pedic and Sealy merge, forming world’s largest bedding company
- 2014 — Tempur Sealy launches all-new hospitality line
Tempur-Pedic and Sealy each built a legacy based on the science of sleep. Together, we bring that same innovative spirit to the hospitality industry. We’re investing more in the R&D of our hospitality line than we ever have before — with carefully engineered features proven to perform through extensive quality testing. It’s all part of our commitment to providing your hotels with the best possible product.